/* */ Beulah Bee: Emily Carr

March 28, 2014

Emily Carr


It's been too long between posts and I have no excuse. I got distracted and when I looked at the time over 20 days had past!

I made this tag to link up with the Monday blog challenge at Simon Says Stamp. The theme is transparent so I used an acrylic medium transfer technique because it has a "see-through" quality.

First, I printed an image (Emily) on a page from the French Industrial Paper Stash and cut it into the shape of a tag. Then I printed a separate image (flowers) and used acrylic medium to transfer it to the tag. I used an Anna Griffin stamp to fill in a blank spot near the bottom. I used a bit of blue acrylic paint to push back the flowers near her head and a touch of white paint to bring out the ruffles of her dress.

All it takes is a visit to two of my favorite places for inspiration and I get my muse back. Thanks Berengia and Aputsiaq!