March 31, 2014

Sing Spring

I live in the desert and we have two seasons, hot and not hot and I miss Spring (and green). So I made this tag to honor the season and I'm linking it to the Monday blog challenge at Simon Says Stamp.

The background began with an image transfer of a page from a magazine then I stamped on a butterfly (Martha Stewart) and some lace (Anna Griffin). I added a strip of Melange tissue wrap to the side and bottom and cut out a piece of a flower from the same magazine page and pasted it near the top.

I used acrylic paint to fill-in the butterfly wings and bring out some of the colors of the flowers then distressed the edges with ink.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! This turned out beautifully! The layers are incredible and I've never thought of using acrylics quite like that. They make the butterfly stand out, yet it all still blends perfectly. I particularly like the strip of Melange tissue. Great use of color and your eye for blending patterns is apparent, as usual! This made me think of Spring, too, and was a welcome sight for my eyes after the cold skiff of snow we had this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would miss green too! This tag is gorgeous! The colours, patterns and images all blend seamlessly together. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous tag! I love everything about it!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete