April 23, 2014

Big Flower Little Bee

Still playing around with big stamps, this tag was made with a Jumbo Peony (Stampendous) and a bumble bee stamp from the Tiny Things stamp set (Tim Holtz), hence the title:

Big Flower Little Bee.

I also used another big stamp by Dark Room Door which is one of the largest I own, called French Script.

All I did was paste some canvas on a tag, stamped the background, the flower and the bees, tinted it with acrylic paint and oil pastels, distressed the edges and pasted on a strip of deli-wrap stamped with script.

I intentionally painted over most of the thick lines on the flower to give it a softer appearance.

I'm linking it to the Monday blog challenge at Simon Says Stamp (entry #3) where this week's theme is Big Stamps.

3 comments:

  1. Ah! Beautiful! I love the softness that you achieved with the many layers. It is wonderful. Thank you for sharing your work with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha! This write-up made me laugh and smile at your artistic modesty. You said, "All I did was...." and then you proceeded to list some totally clever and amazing techniques!! All you did was be absolutely brilliant, my friend! I love the soft colors in this piece and the combination of all the different stamps. You made them work together so well even though they were totally different sizes and different styles. One of my favorite tricks that you did was to paint over the flower's thick lines so it didn't steal the show (in a bad way). Lovely piece, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is awesome! Love the coloring and the beautiful details.
    What a wonderful project, all of the details are stunning!It's very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete