April 07, 2014

So Far Away

I've always said, "if I won the lottery, I would travel to far and exotic places and seek out every corner of the world."

For now, I must be content to travel in my dreams and hope that, someday, I'll be able to journey somewhere farther than the grocery store.

My tag is thanks to an outstanding image, the artist unknown to me and the original source lost in the tangle of the Internet.

After printing, I made a cut-away which was pasted to a background that was stenciled and stamped.

Bundled sage, spun sugar and dried marigold Distress inks were used as tints.

I've linked this tag to the Monday blog challenge at Simon Says Stamp, where the theme is journey.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag and image, the colours are stunning. I hope you get to travel further than your dreams too. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon says stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! Love all the detail, that wonderful image and the stenciling. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a nice tag. The colors are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'm supposed to be doing some other things online at the moment, but I got happily sucked into your blog and have been enjoying seeing your latest projects. This one is so gorgeous and as with all of your art pieces, it demanded my attention and made me think about this woman and what her story is. There is such depth behind your work and it's a pleasure to sit back and enjoy all the layers you offer in your blog. Good for the eyes and for the soul!

    ReplyDelete