April 21, 2014

Subway Shuffle


Using BIG stamps is this week's theme on the Monday blog challenge at Simon Says Stamp. Some themes really resonate with me and I'm motivated BIG time.  I just might break a record this week with the maximum number of entries!


The BIG stamp used here is called Subway by Tim Holtz which I stamped on a manila tag using Weathered Wood distress ink. I used an image cut from a magazine, some red balls cut from a Trader Joe's shopping bag, a piece of a Journaling Ticket (Idea-ology), and a very thin strip of scrapbook paper. I added a few 7-Gypsies number stamps to balance out the top right corner and trimmed the borders with a red gel pen and Black Soot distress ink.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Love this tag. Hopped over from SSS Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I have always admired that stamp but was challenged on how to use it. This tag is so inspiring. Beautiful work! Thank you for sharing your tag this week at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. I love seeing your work, and Im so pleased that your enjoying the challenge this week. Thanks again! ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tag your fabulous image is perfect with that stamp x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love your tags...this one is my favourite! I wish to have more time to visit you more often!
    Hugs from Slovenia

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fabulous, as usual! You are so talented at preserving a sense of the past within your art. I adore your artistic eye and the retro images you include never fail to provoke emotion in me. This piece made me smile, but also made me think about these ladies and wonder what their story was. It is nostalgic and modern and wonderful all at once. I'm so glad that you were inspired by our theme for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a stunning tag! The big text stamp is a perfect backdrop for that fun image. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is awesome! Love the coloring and the beautiful details.
    What a wonderful project, all of the details are stunning!It's very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete