April 11, 2014

Washi Paint

Before and After


I linked this tag to the Wednesday blog challenge at Simon Says Stamp where the theme is Easter.

But, I didn't like it that much and it really didn't reflect this week's theme.

So, I peeled off the tape and washed over it with gesso and started over.

And this is the new tag:


After applying gesso, I traced the outline of the cone flowers (originally applied with a stencil) using pen and ink then traced the outline of a bunny photo. I used oil pastels for tint and applied washi tape on a few of the petals.

Click to enlarge
I really like the washi tape I used on this version. It's bright white and has good sticking power and I favor it over other brands. Here's a link if you want to know more about it.

So hopefully, I've learned a lesson here.

When I am less than satisfied with something, and it can't be rescued, then I must learn to listen to that voice inside my head and just start over.

5 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful tag. Thanks for sharing the makeover! Love the way it turned out and bunnies are my favourite! Thanks for joining us at the Artistic Inspirations Challenge. Suz xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag.

    Thanks for sharing at MAWTT.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tags, I love the way it looked at first as well as how you've altered it, it's just perfect for our challenge :)
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah this is super, I like it both before and after. THe after one has such sweet bunnies on it, they are adorable. , Thanks for playing on our Easter themed challenge on MAWTT this week, Love Hazel (Didos) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally brilliant, absolutely love your re-make!

    ReplyDelete