May 05, 2014

Natasha


A pretty Russian ballerina on a starry background surrounded by a Russian banknote is the tag I made for the Monday blog challenge at Simon Says Stamp where the theme is the number five. It was made by simply printing, cutting and pasting and then adding a bit of distress ink along the edges.

I like using this old Russian money because of the intricate frames and was lucky to find one in this denomination. I used a similar note a few months ago which you can read about here.

When I use photographs of people, I pay attention to the light source and try to work it into the composition. Here, I featured the ballerina's back lighting using paper left over from an altered book project. Sometimes I think it's silly to save all my scraps (I kept this one six years) but today, I'm glad I held on to it.

5 comments:

  1. Stunning!!! I love, love, love this!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! This is so romantic! Your pretty ballerina is so dainty. I love your take on this challenge. So original and artistic! Thank you for sharing your art with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. It's always a treat to see what you create. Thanks again! ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous tag! Love the beautiful vintage colors and the pretty image. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful and ethereal tag! So full of magic and just so enchanting...I absolutely adore it! Thank you for sharing your project and for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... ~ Emma :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I, too, am so glad that you held onto your scraps! This was totally worth the 6-year wait! :) I am always so inspired by how you combine elements to give your works of art new meaning. A ballerina alone is nice, but the way you combined her with stars gives her a whole new vibe. To me, she now represents the expansive endless nature of dreams and potential-- as broad as the sky itself! That could just be me waxing cheesy, but honestly- you have a gift for arranging elements in ways that make me think and feel inspired. You are a true artist in my opinion and it's always a joy to see what you've come up with!

    ReplyDelete