July 18, 2014

Washi Woman


Awash in the world of absurdity, I have gone too far with this "washi woman."  It's foundation was a contour drawing which by definition lacks precision and accuracy. Then I attempted a mosaic with magazine clippings and later opted for washi tape when it became tedious.

I'm posting it to prove that I embrace my imperfections (it's a self-portrait) and that I have a twisted sense of humor. No, the moon isn't full and I haven't been drinking. If you decide never to return here, I completely understand.

I'm linking to the Monday blog challenge at SSS where the theme is "faces."

8 comments:

  1. Imperfect for one may be perfect for others... This is spectacular! I love your artistic explorations! :) looking forward to the next one ;)
    Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she looks very strong and I love the mosaic look. Love the unexpected paths, and your work is inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! It is beautiful and ingenious! It leaped off the page like a beacon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this and I love your writing style too! You are just down to earth and a joy!! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, ha! Your write-up was totally entertaining although I find this piece a far cry from your description! I admire you for seeing it through even after it became "tedious." I find its visual aspects quite thought-provoking. Even though you might not like how she turned out, I find her compelling. A wonderful and highly unique interpretation of our Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge "face" theme and I'm really glad you shared it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is VERY cool!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tag! I love how you used the washi. Very creative! I must disagree with you about it being over-done. I think that it's perfect! Thank you for sharing your work with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. It's always a pleasure to visit your blog. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous! What a great idea to do a self portrait with washi tape. So clever. I love it! Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete