September 05, 2014

Going Back


Posting journal pages and using strong hues isn't in my comfort zone but the Monday blog challenge this week at SSS is "bold" so I just went for it.

Long ago, I found two images that, by coincidence, seemed to go together. I've wanted to connect them in a composition and was lucky to find a passage from a book by Pascal Mercier (Night Train to Lisbon) that helped to convey my thoughts.

No magic techniques here--just stamped deli paper and dictionary pages, a stencil, acrylic paint and a permanent black marker were used (script stamp by Dark Room Door, stencil by Crafter's Workshop, photos via Nordic Thoughts).



During difficult times, finding a muse can be a challenge but when I do, I'm grateful for the benefits. This time, the act of being "bold" was good medicine.

4 comments:

  1. I love to challenge myself with something new and take a step out of the comfortable zone, but unfortunately the result is not always as I wanted…your step out of the box is fabulous…I love the strong colours and everything together is fabulous! I love it!
    Hugs from Slovenia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always look for your name amidst all of the challenge entries. This week the bold colors surprised me and I almost missed your entry! You're right. This color isn't your usual palette, but it is gorgeous! I love your use of the stencil and it's wonderful, ethereal feel against the rich, saturated color. Fabulous pages! Thank you for sharing your pages with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Love the vibrant colours and that you paired those to photos, they fit so well together. The tree is stunning too. Thank you so much for sharing some bold stamping with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I'm a huge fan of your work and you know I love bold colors. This is like my two favorite worlds combining into one amazing piece of art! Out of your comfort zone? Absolutely! But how wonderful that you still succeeded in making a memorable and striking piece even though it was outside your norm. It still reads YOU and I congratulate you on a most enjoyable "out of the box" project!

    ReplyDelete