November 13, 2014

Duchess

Click to Enlarge

My post is titled "Duchess" because it is the name of the scrapbook paper (by Kaiser Craft) that I used to make this greeting card. There's no sense providing a link to it as I bought it awhile ago and it is now out of production.

But I can show you what the paper originally looked like:


I cut out one of the design elements and pasted it to metallic bronze card stock after creating a border with a paper punch. Then I went to task embellishing it with colored pencils, Stickles and Scribbles (a 3-D paint). I mounted it to olive green card stock which was folded for use as a greeting card.



I plan to use it as a Christmas card and have linked it to the Monday blog challenge at SSS where the theme is ornaments.  I will admit, I'm getting excited about the upcoming holiday season because there's no better time to use my Stickles and I do love them so!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! I would never have looked at that paper and saw the potential you saw. This is a truly beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous creation! Love all the beautiful details and colors. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful card and so elegant and sophisticated! It's stunning...

    Thank you so much for sharing your project and for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous ornament! You really have an eye for detail. (And a steady hand, as well!) Thank you for sharing your work with us again this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. I do love seeing your creativity. It's always inspiring. ~Michelle
    http://www.michellezerull.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible creative mind you have, my dear friend...fabulous make!

    ReplyDelete