November 08, 2014

Good Old Days


Oh, how I wish for the good old days! If I'd been born 150 years ago--
I just may have been happier. I'd be a pioneer woman with lots of kids, have a rifle for hunting and a garden. I'd bake the best bread and pies, go to church every Sunday and sleep soundly at night. I would most certainly appreciate all the little things that make life sweet.

Click to Enlarge
So to commemorate my blissful thinking, I've linked this tag to the Monday blog challenge at Simon Says Stamp.

It was made with a variety of pasted papers including a Tim Holtz "found relative."  Washes of acrylic paint and swipes of distress ink provide the color.

I used stamps to fill in some blank spaces and the flowers were cut from Tim's Wallflower paper stash.

7 comments:

  1. More beautiful work,I really do love your style,very dreamy

    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful miss bee. One of my favorites! The found relative photo worked perfect and I love that you cut it in an oval. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beauteous! I love the image and the inspiration! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag!
    I've stared at this for a good long time. I love the effect you've achieved. It's as if I was looking at a vintage photo behind old bubble glass that has the cloudy patina around the edges. I don't know what it's called, but it has a wonderful appearance. I've probably just babbled on and you don't even know what I'm talking about, but anyway....I love it!

    Thank you for sharing with us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle
    http://www.michellezerull.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tag and such great inspiration! Love your use of the found relatives image here and the background is great. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got to be honest: I think I'd die if I had to be a pioneer for more than 5 minutes!!!!!!!!!! Baking bread is definitely not a forte and let's just say my gardening skills are only slightly better than my baking non-skills. Be that as it may, I loved the mental picture you painted for you and I always like to hear how your art pieces come about. And what a great piece it is! Your effects are incredible and I love how she looks like she's emerging from the past through that gorgeous mysterious haze. Clever, clever! And the bonus part about you is that you already appreciate little things even without having ever been an official pioneer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This tag is brilliant!
    I'm so glad you stopped by my blog for a visit so that I could now discover your beautiful blog! I'm now following you so I can see any future posts. I also have a link to you on my blog, I hope you don't mind.

    Have a lovely weekend!
    Gaby Bee

    ReplyDelete