January 15, 2015

Peek-A-Boo

Click to Enlarge
An ink-resist technique was attempted to create the background for this tag which I later altered for better effect.

I stamped a piece of watercolor paper cut to the shape of a tag with archival ink. I brushed on tempera paint to resist the space in between the squares. Distress stains were used for tint then I washed off the tempera.

While the paint did resist the ink, I decided I wanted the spaces in between the squares black so I filled them in with a fountain pen.


I found an image that, thanks to the photographer, was easy to alter to fit this tag. Now the girls are smiling about more than just a game of Peek-A-Boo.

I'm linking to the Monday blog challenge at SSS where this week's theme is Inky Background.

Stamp credit: #8346 by Dawn Houser for Inkadinkado

6 comments:

  1. Love your beautiful tag! The background and the image is fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I am still not sure what is stamped and how, I love it. Wish I could have seen a couple step outs for this one.. it is divine miss bee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic composition! I love how you often write about starting in one direction, only to wind up in a different place. I really liked your addition of black lines between the grid. And the expressions on both the lady and the girl are priceless! As usual, your piece tells such a great story and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this tag! It is beautiful with color and composition!

    Have a wonderful Sunday!
    Gaby xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful and as always, your work is just so beautiful and so detailed ~ I love it! Thank you so much for sharing and for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete