March 05, 2015

Pinkie


I sure do like to cut out photos then place the subjects in a different background. I guess it's a way of creating more focus and emphasizing the characters. So now these adventurous girls wander through blue green waters surrounded by my own exotica.

Starting with green scrapbook paper that I stamped with leaves, I used flower and leaf cut-outs from another paper along with colored pencils and distress stains for tint.

I'm linking to Simon's Monday blog challenge where this week's theme is just a hint of clover.

Here's what the original photo looks like (click for the larger, light box view). How sad that their story is now lost but what a day it must have been!

7 comments:

  1. Love the tag, this is a great idea. Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful and such a fabulous interpretation of our challenge! Thank you so much for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you always add OOMPH to these pictures that otherwise might be forgotten. It's such a noble way to give these people a second chance at being noticed. And what a fantastic setting they have! I really like how you've combined so many different elements so expertly. It looks sophisticated, yet still whimsical with those great doodle designs. It's always a joy to swing by your blog! Thanks for being so supportive of the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenges and for constantly inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This tag is so special and cool, I love it!

    ReplyDelete