March 06, 2015

Rosie Evening


I am happy to share this two-page journal spread with you today thanks to a prompt from Art Journal Journey where this month's theme is things with wings.

I know I should draw more but I just don't enjoy it as much as cutting and pasting. I have to work at it and I guess I'm lazy. But I thought I'd give a go at drawing these birds using a text book as my guide after creating a background from stamped papers.

The white stamped squares were made with acrylic paint using a silicone pot holder similar to these.



The birds look very much like a pair of House Finch that currently enjoy the sunflower seed feeder placed right outside my window. While most of North America is covered with snow right now, many of our avian friends have come to the desert southwest for a visit.

7 comments:

  1. Very nice pages with the lovely birds and butterflies. Good composition!
    Dear Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable birds... you should definiteley do more drawing... gorgeous!
    What a fab spread and so clever with the pot holder!
    Thank you for this beautiful entry to Art Journal Journey!
    Happy weekeend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic journal page! Thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey, Vaerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful spread with terrific ideas
    Thank you for joining us
    Love Chrissie AJJ guest hostess xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really wonderful journal pages!!! I especially love the bird on the left side, think, it is a falcon? Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic birds! I wish I could draw birds that well.

    ReplyDelete