May 28, 2015

Thanks


For Simon's Monday blog challenge, where this week's theme is thanks, I thought I'd share a design I've used on many occasions. It's quick to put together (especially when I need more than one) and eliminates any excuse for putting off a thank-you that's due.

I stamped (and embossed) the PaperArtsy bottles (tinted with Distress inks), an assortment of tiny flowers (tinted with colored pencils) and the sentiment. The stems and the border were made with a fine line permanent marker. That's it--done! No cutting or pasting either, since I stamped directly onto the card front.

I really like the details in the bottle stamp and it's fun to try and mimic the old glass effect. I use this stamp quite often. Did I mention I collect old bottles? Perhaps that has something to do with it. ☺

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful design, so simple, yet so striking. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the simplicity of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A card! What a treat to see! And wow- I am totally impressed with how realistic you made the glass look! You tinted it PERFECTLY and this whole scene is so simple, yet so beautifully detailed! If I got this thank-you note from you, I would just sit and stare at it and not get a thing done. That's the sign of a quality card! And I have to give you kudos for having a bottle collection. Collections add such a fun dimension to life and give us something cool to hunt for (in my opinion). Rest assured that your love of glass came through loud and clear with this stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this card! Simple, clever but totally beautiful, so stylish! Love the way that you've tinted your stamps! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge blog! barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card. I like the sinmple very much.
    Greetings Carola

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! Colored pencils are my personal favorite coloring medium. I adore how you achieved both translucent AND opaque colors. Bravo! A lovely way to say, "Thank you!"
    Thank YOU for joining us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete