June 26, 2015

Celebrate!


Finally, a reason to celebrate! What's the occasion? No, it's not a birthday. Instead, it's the fun of using a favorite image from the Occasions Found Relatives photo pack to make this card.

It all started with Simon's Monday blog challenge where this week's theme is stamp and mist.  I'm not a big fan of the spray inks mainly because my workspace just won't accommodate the messiness so I used an eye dropper and made splatters on a black background with diluted white paint instead.

Click to Enlarge
It kind of looked like a party so I grabbed this very appropriate photo. It took a while to fussy-cut but the job was made easier by peeling off the backing so it wasn't as thick. I stamped the border and sentiment and added some dots.

Check out this close-up--the kid was caught making a grab for cake (his expression doesn't fool me).

6 comments:

  1. This card is so much fun! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! What a fun and exciting card! I have to give you mad props for fussy cutting the image, that's dedication! Every time I look at this I see something new. Awesome sauce! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must have taken a while to do all that detailed cutting!! Gorgeous card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this Found Relative too!! The fussy cutting is downright amazing! Cutting out the image really makes it come to life on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been so behind on my commenting...but I'm glad that I didn't miss this one. It's fabulous! I love the fussy-cutting. I love cutting up paper. It's so therapeutic. As I've gotten older, my cuts have gotten worse, so I really appreciate it when I see it done. That poor sweet girl is sitting by while the scoundrel steals her cake. Such a naughty boy! Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. I really do love seeing your work.~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so great! It made me smile as I remembered all sorts of birthday parties (both spectacular and not-so-spectacular) that I went to as a kid. Your pieces always evoke memory or make me think of things in a new way. I love how your white "party splatters" turned out and have found your "peel off the backing" tip to be MOST helpful when I fussy-cut these images myself. Thanks for sharing your genius, as always!

    ReplyDelete