June 06, 2015

Royalty


One of my favorite pursuits in childhood was playing dress-up. Grandmother gave my three sisters and I many gowns and high-heeled shoes to play with and there was no end to the performances we would put on. The backyard picnic table was our stage.

Those are the memories inspired by the making of this tag which I'm linking to the Monday blog challenge at Simon where this week's theme is royal.

Click to Enlarge
An altered photo and a bit of stamping on a background from the Wallflower paper stash is how I put this one together.

The tint came from colored pencils but I also used a touch of white from a Gelly Roll pen and a bit of Distress ink.

The hardest part?

Making a teeny-tiny crown for the kitty cat!

7 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Stunning!!! Love the choice of colors and such a gorgeous design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolute love it!!!! And the crown on the kitty cat is soooo cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. darling! love the background you came up with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regal and beautiful! Love how thoughtful your designs are and the tiny crown on the cat is fantastic! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this!!! Though you may recall I have a troubled history with cats, this tag still made me smile and I was glad the kitty got a crown, too. I also loved to hear about your dress-up memories and applaud any time life involves heels. That background is really a work of art and I love how the robe has that sketched feel. Another job well done and I'm so glad you are so supportive of the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely have a gift! I loved reading your story. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this tag especially the background...

    ReplyDelete