September 10, 2015

Escape


A bonus from mucking-out the craft room last month was discovering long-forgotten goodies like the wooden birdcage die-cut (from Kaisercraft) that I used on this tag.

And since this week's theme at Simon's Monday blog challenge is stamp and punch/die-cut what better time to use it?

A background was made with old book paper, paint and stamping then I tinted and stamped the birdcage and used an image transfer for the text. Yes, that's a bit of washi tape for the shadow and I used a black Fudi-ball pen to ink the edges.

Click to Enlarge

I have yet to invest in die-cutting equipment and only have a few, very small paper punches so I was happy to find this birdcage in my stash--otherwise, I'd have to sit this one out!

Stamp credit: Kaisercraft Dictionary Meanings

9 comments:

  1. Oh, such a gorgeous tag! The colors and the embellishment are fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a pretty tag! I love that birdcage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this tag is so pretty! I too love the birdcage.

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Gaby xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn’t always fun to clean a craft space? I am always surprised how many thing I have and I even don’t remember them! Your tag is gorgeous…I love birdcage and fantastic patina background with old book pages…with words, washi tape and little birdie you added fantastic, interesting details…love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is possibly THE most creative use of washi that I've seen. Brilliant! And beautiful too. :)

    Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. I love visiting your blog. :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hands down- one of my favorites of yours! And that's saying something because all of your projects are pretty much my fave's! I love the story you tell and am once again impressed at how you can say so much with just a few images. You've got skills, my friend, and this is a piece I won't forget anytime soon! LOVE THIS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning! I love the birdcage and the washi shadow was a brilliant idea. Great sentiment too. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore this tag - brilliant die-cut, brilliantly used. What a beautiful layered background and perfect tinting too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this tag! You have represented the quote perfectly!!!

    ReplyDelete