February 20, 2016

No. 141



What is collage if not upcycle/recycle? Using found bits of ephemera and images from books is common practice for me and so I'm linking this tag to the Monday blog challenge at Simon Says Stamp in honor of this week's theme.

It's another exercise in working through the long, narrow format of a tag and attempting to create a sense of space/depth in the composition. It started with the remainder of a Found Relative photo that I used in another piece.


Book pages, an image transfer, stamping, Tissue Wrap, Remnant Rubs, and a bit of washi tape were used to complete it along with various inks and paint.

All I can say is the best part was placing that tiny airplane in the sky.

Stamp credit: Tim Holtz Components - Flourish

10 comments:

  1. Your works are always a celebration for my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this tag. Amazing vintage look. Love every detail on it wich matches perfectly with the rest. Just great! Thank you for sharing it in Simon Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, I love the way your art tells a story. The words you choose match the image so well. I imagined these gents as savvy inventors who are dreaming or building and whose minds have, as you said, "important details in progress." Kudos to another thought-provoking and lovely piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you have met this personal challenge to give depth in such a narrow format - BRAVO!! And I love your colors and images, both stamped and adhered..... FABULOUS! xxx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love reading your post. beside the fact that your projects are always amazing and inspiring, I find joy into reading your words and how you achieve your final project -- I know it sounds weird, but!!

    Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp! Monday Challange!
    Hugs, Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every time I visit your blog I admire by your works! I love the way you use images, mix them and tell us different stories! This tag is wonderful! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful collage! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love you style so much! Love the way you create layers. And the muted colors are perfect! Stunning tag! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beulah I love your work! This is amazingly cool and I am going to become a follower. So glad I checked out your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete