March 17, 2016

Hold On


At the bottom center of this photo are the words "Bird's Nest" (click to enlarge) and it was pure coincidence. The star, cut from the index pages of a very, very old cookbook was made before I even thought of using a bird (Thrift-shop Ephemera) to carry it and even then, I didn't make the connection until it was pasted down.

The stamped background was made using Tim's Dots & Floral stamp set with red and grey archival ink then tinted with colored pencils after applying a light white wash. A bit of machine stitching, gelly roll dots, Chit-Chat stickers and washi were used to complete it.


I'm linking to this week's Monday blog challenge at Simon where, in honor of St. Patrick's Day, the prompt is Use Some Lucky Stars.

7 comments:

  1. Love this tag! Isn't it funny how things sometimes just come perfectly together like this bird and the star?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous background - looks like designer paper! The bird is just as precious as can be holding tightly to this fabulous star! Lovely coincidence indeed. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way the polka-dotted stencil turned out, and how funny: bird's nest + bird... I love when magic happens in the craft room. My fave part is the lil' white dots. Awesome how a simple thing like that makes such a huge impact. Thumbs up

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is another amazing TAG! I love the bird and your stitches. I also find really interesting the small dots all around ! such a nice touch!
    Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp! Monday Challange
    Hugs Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh! LOVE this! I'm telling you- you can create a whole universe of emotion with just one or two words and images. This inspired me so much and made me want to cling on that much tighter to my dreams! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tag! Love the gorgeous colors and the bird is so pretty. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tag - especially love that background!! And this tag is an emblem of spring - just saw the first of the robins today! Wonderful and evocative tag! xxx Lynn

    ReplyDelete