March 23, 2016

La Cucina


(Per Schiassi e Scarpelli)

My cooking skills have improved with practice over the years but in the early days of my marriage I felt like a child in the kitchen. My husband is Italian and no one cooks like his Mama!

The stamp used for this tag was found at a garage sale and seems very old (I think it may date back to the 1970's) and while I wasn't sure I'd ever use it, I was drawn to the image (perhaps because of my history?) and the price was right so I bought it.

With this week's theme of Food and/or Drink at Simon's Monday blog challenge I thought now would be a great time to use it.


I began with a page from an old cookbook which is now hard to see due to the many layers of distressing I used to make the walls look like old plaster. The floor, window and sign were hand-drawn, the bird was stamped and I placed a bit of washi along the sides of the window for trim.

Buon appetito!

10 comments:

  1. Ahahahahah you know Italian men very well: la mamma é sempre la mamma and when she cooks no one can do better!! Love this stamp and the history you built around it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet tag! Love that you used a cookbook page for the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always a beautiful story! Italians men .... and the cooking of their mother, long history, I would say endless! Your tag is amazing, I love it all, this old stamp is absolutely adorable and I like so much your hand drawings! Wonderful! Thanks for thinking of me and Zoey!! BArbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I forgot! Thanks for sharing your wonderful art this week with us on Simon says Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a unique image here... She totally grew on me! Your background work is just wonderful. Love that floor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your story that goes with this tag! Tag is neat with the old paper under it, and that image of the little girl cooking is priceless! I am so glad you joined us for our food and drink challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, this made me laugh so much!!!! Thank you for thinking of Barbara and I , I am surely excited and happy that I run into your thoughts while making this stunning tag!
    It brought back so many memories! When I first started cooking with my mom cakes, there was this little recepies book (and I think you used the same one!) where there was this little girl called Mariarosa. I don't know which part was the funnies, cooking with my mom or reading this small recepies book!...sure enough it was my favorite way to spend sundays!

    You already know that I love your works especially reading where your thoughts and mind drove your creativity from and to -- but I want to repeat it again..even if i might sound boring! YOU ROCK!

    xx Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Vintage rubber - COOL!!! This is an amazing image and you've really accented it beautifully. The perfect vintage backdrop, love it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed your story about italian cooking! So cool you dedicated it to my italian teammies! LOL! That stamp is perfect for the challenge! The tag is amazing! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful distressed look, and the sweetest image. A tag with history in the story behind it and the look too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete