May 04, 2016

May Remix


Let me introduce a tag made with all "Tim" products as inspired by this month's 12 Tags of 2016 (minus the tattered florals) where his remix features a Tissue Tape resist technique.

In the end, mine is more about enhancing the flower blossoms that are so much fun to paint. To quote Tim, "...stay true to your style throughout the creative process."  So I did and the sentiment was chosen to reinforce his statement.


The stamp is from the Flower Garden set, the bee is from Tiny Things. The Bubble stencil, Lace Trimmings (sewn on with gold metallic ribbon) and Small Talk stickers helped to embellish and I used the same tissue tape as Tim which is called Symphony.


And I used watercolor paper cut into the shape of a tag instead of one made with traditional manila cardstock.

Tim's tape is, without a doubt, my favorite kind because it's translucent, tough, and stays stuck! Just a little piece of it here and there in a composition can add just the right effect.

This month's tag made me appreciate it that much more.

19 comments:

  1. Amazing tag! Absolutely perfect, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Beulah! This is gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is lovely, your choices are beautiful.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty tag, Beulah! Love the delicateness of the design and the pretty lace. Cathie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty - the tissue tape resist really highlights the lovely flowers. And I love how you used the gold ribbon through the lace. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is one of the most beautiful tags you have made, in my opinion. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely stunning miss Bee! I want to dive right into the pool of blue and green. Love how delicate the flowers look, like they might just blow away at any moment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Beulah Bee... the stamen of these flowers are drawing me in just like a bee! BEEEautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always stunning! your art is inspirational ! this tag is so delicate, the flowers are perfect ad wonderfully detailed! I love every single part of it! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning ! And such an awesome take on this months tag.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was thinking stunning and looks like everyone else is too! Fabulous tag. I love the soft translucency of your flowers and the pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi B - this is an absolutely beautiful tag. I love everything about it - the tape and stencil make a wonderful background and your painting is amazing. Total gorgeousness...
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE LOVE this ! it's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your tag is amazing! The flowers look amazing! The bee is so fabulous! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow...Beulah! What a fabulous take on Tim's tag! The flowers are really beautiful.
    Mar :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The details are stunning on this tag! It is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your tag it's beautiful, those flowers are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Truly a wonderful take on Tim's tag this month! I love those translucent flowers and the tiny bee!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beualah Bee....How did I miss this Beautiful Tag while perusing all of the projects!!!!! Your tag is LOVELY......and I love the subtle layers underneath the flowers...and look how your flowers in their soft colors stand out! I enjoyed my visit to your blog! Nicely done on your tag for the month of May!!! LOVE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete