May 11, 2016

Poemata.


Poemata. That's Latin for poems. This word, along with a British Museum seal (in red), appears in their Flickr photostream where they have scanned and made available to the public over 1 million images. The small ornate frame with the word and number Tomo III also came from the stream.

I can't remember where the butterfly (actually a Luna moth) came from but it's an image transfer (along with the words) and appears brown because the particle board surface of my support is that color.



The wreath (Prima Noble Darling) was stamped onto old book paper and cut out, the lace was "borrowed" from a card a friend of mine gave me and the border was made with Liquid Pearls (Ranger).


The background text (Tim Holtz Ledger Script) was stamped with Ranger archival ink (Potting Soil) and the support is actually one of Tim's 4" x 6" burlap panels sans the burlap. There's also a tiny strip of white mulberry paper on the left-hand side.

I like working small so this was a good size for me and you can pull out more stops on wood than you can a manila tag. Maybe I've found a new calling? We'll see.

13 comments:

  1. I do not know where to begin! I love your work and your attention to every little detail! The border made with Liquid pearls, the little stamp on the book, the butterfly .... really, I 'm in awe! It 'an honor for us to admire your projects in our challenges!
    Thanks for joining us this week on Monday Simon Says Challenge blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, when your blog loaded my jaw dropped! This is one stunning creation. Love the vintage vibe and beautiful, beautiful layering! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this miss bee. Really stunning pieces. I am amazing at the depth you got on the Liquid Pearls (a must try technique) the question is always...can I wait for it to dry? so hard for me. the wreath with the little bird took it right over the edge for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This piece is really wonderful. Love all the details on it, especially the beautiful border. A great job as always!
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work. Love it. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! Beautiful layering of wonderful ephemera.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has got to be one of my most favorite projects that you have made! Absolutely beautiful! I can't stop looking at it! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are so many beautiful details on this creation! The liquid pearl border is exquisite~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep. Pearl border. Love it...
    Yes, so nice to work on a sturdy background-- it adds a freedom to creating... you can just go to town!!! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your work, this is beautiful. I had a dream about a giant butterfly last night too (I know, moth..) lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, Bee! Love your vintage style so much! The lace looks amazing! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your creations are always amazing. I just love all the layers and details, especially the liquid pearl border. Beautifully done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. An other great creation here! Everything in your work tells a story, your personal elegant vintage touch is absolutely original and touching!

    ReplyDelete