June 08, 2016

Enigma


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enigma
noun  [enig·ma \i-ˈnig-mə, e-\]
: someone or something that is difficult to understand or explain
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Decidedly more funky than frilly, here's my tag for this month's Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2016. I used his Sideshow stamp set. While the technique remix features stamping on fabric, die-cuts and tissue paper, only the later was used for this project.

You'll find the tissue in the lower and upper right-hand corners--it's stamped with text. I didn't wrinkle it like Tim did so you can't really tell where it is but that's why it's useful in collage pieces (because it blends in so well).

14 comments:

  1. You say "enigma" and I think of that weird song they used to play on KWOD 106.5 when I was growing up in Sacramento in the early 90s... anyway...
    Very interesting tag and quote, and I'm pretty jealous of that text stamp. This is another work of art... would be neat to hear the smart-folk talk about what this "says" in a gallery... or maybe what you say! Is there a deep meaning? Or is it art? Ahhh, a question for the ages...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome tag! As Mimi stated above, it has me interpreting it in different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your cross hatched stitches! WOW! And the subtle use of tissue is awesome! I think the background text is Tim's new male stamp set, right? Yes, it is REALLY COOL and mysterious! I mostly adore the book text, how unbelievably cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the text that you see on the tag was produced using parts of the background on the running man stamp from the Sideshow set. The set features three different fellows and all have this interesting hand-lettered background.

      Delete
  4. This is right up there with my favorite tags ever. The subtle details like the dark ink coming off the foot to create a shadow is what makes this tag wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag, I so love these stamps. Have a good weekend, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very original and different, I love it. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very jealous of your stitches--sew neat! And leave it to Paula to pick out the shadow, which truly separates this from the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic tag, Beulah! You are so full of creative ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic take on Tims June tag. Love it ! You never fail to deliver Beulah Bee.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You left me a nice comment on my tag so I wandered over to see would what magic you have been up to. This tag.....THIS tag gorgeous. Your layering of cover and texture is so inspiring. Thank you for commenting on my work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just noticed your June Tim Tag - what an interesting concept! Really nice and thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete