July 28, 2016

Kimono


I get attached to certain photos, especially when I use them in art. Somehow, working with them connects me to the person more intimately and maybe, after I'm through, you will feel connected to them too.


I switched out the old wall phone with an image transfer of a vintage street scene of Tokyo. The tinting comes from Souffle Gelly Roll pens and just a bit of black colored pencil.


I'm linking this to Simon's Monday challenge blog. This week's theme is texture but instead of using physical texture I've used visual texture. If you're unfamiliar with the concept you can read more about it here.

12 comments:

  1. Agree. And I want to know her story... how old is this girl? I want to know it all...
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There 's something in your tags that always intrigues me. You've created a real contact between people who admire your works and your works themselves! It's always wonderful enjoy your creations and so interesting to read your posts! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am here looking your tag and I can listen to the voice of the Japanese young girl telling her story! Beautiful, touching, deeply moving pièce of art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so beautiful you've made an amazing job, it's wonderful. I also use the Souffle Gelly Rolls pen for my doodles, they're fantastic and they give a bit of dimension and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully described and designed! Visual texture indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I love this! I feel transported right into that scene!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your visual texture and your story about how certain photos pull you in! Beautiful tag with, I am sure, a story.Thanks so much for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! Maura

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's always the smallest of details that draw me in to your work. No exception here. details, details, details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous tag! I've never heard of visual texture so thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Utterly stunning! A real work of Art! Thanks so much for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Bee, this is absolutely beautiful. You are a true artist and this is a wonderful work of art - I love it.
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete