August 12, 2016

Firm Heart

My local library has an on-going used book sale and periodically (no pun intended), I rescue a few "picture books" to use in my collages and also seek text for phrases that might add interest to my work.


The essence of this tag is composed of those very same elements: The background is a hand-drawn map of an old city and there is text. A Found Relative was framed inside a vintage cardboard box (the sides were trimmed down to keep it in proportion with the tag) and the owl is one of my own hand-carved stamps. It was embellished with black Scribbles, a paper heart covered with dimensional medium and some Remnant Rubs.


I'm linking it to Simon's Monday challenge blog. The theme this week is Try to Contain Yourself (so funny) and participants have been asked to use some sort of container. I know, putting a container on a tag is kind of goofy but I just can't help myself--I like making tags!

11 comments:

  1. Once again the attention to detail is extraordinary. The script in the background of the box is perfect as are the words cut from the book. Always an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The words cut from the book killing me! As always your work strike my heart! Love this tag! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! BArbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love it, that background is beautiful and those little details make it more special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! I love the idea of the boxed image. I will store that concept away for future use as I love that you raised the dimension with the boxed edges. Fabulous tag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. super idea to rescue the books...great looking vintage tag...so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic tag and use of an old book. Love your owl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh! Library book sales! I drool at the mere thought! And what lucky books to find their way into your studio where you create magic out of the ordinary. I always love seeing your work and I especially adore the frame edges here. Thanks so much for being so supportive of our Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this!! Am so far behind in visits, but look forward to catching up with you and your work soon. In the meantime, this tag is absolute inspiration in so many ways - LOVE IT!! xxx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. This tag is amazing too. Love the old image you found.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hard to say this, but this might be my fave yet. I cite the owl and heart, combined with the fact that you carved the owl.

    ReplyDelete