August 18, 2016

Receipt No. 25


I really like the look of sewing on paper. One artist whose work I greatly admire, Viv (aka Hens Teeth) in Staffordshire, embroiders on vintage envelopes and they are just divine. You can see them here. Her studio is pretty fantastic, too.

Tim Holtz also seems drawn to the look of stitching as several of his monthly tags have featured this technique so it's no surprise that my August tag for the 12 Tags of 2016 has some too.

A Mixed Media Thinlit die-cut, Wallflower paper stash cut-outs (including vellum), some Small Talk stickers and Remnant Rubs were used to complete it.

I wish I'd splattered some flecks of paint here and there as I think it would have been a nice addition. I just didn't have the guts and so I need to work on that.

10 comments:

  1. I too have a problem splattering flecks of paint on a finished tag! Lol. I think we should practice on blank tags first! It would be a shame to have big blobs of paint on something finished. And your tag is done beautifully, I love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy solution for your problem with not having the guts to splatter paint. :) Just take photographs before you splatter, and then splatter. If you like it, you can photograph it again, and show us, if you don't like it, just show us the version without splattering. Practice makes perfect, also with splattering. I LOVE your tag, even without the splaatering :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I can see splatters on this, but I love the moody-dawn tones. Ohhhh stitching on paper: I just thought this through the other day when someone was having dialogue about it... I like the popping noise it makes in paper... so different than fabric, and strangley satisfying! This is another wonderful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful tag! I always love the look of stitching on cards but have been afraid to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bee, this is a beautiful tag. I love all the lements you have created and layered up. The vellum is a clever idea and the stitching looks wonderful. (Ink splattering takes a lot of nerve - I agree)!
    love from
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is a beautiful TAG....fantastic!
    Greetings Carola

    ReplyDelete
  7. My gosh I love the colours you have used in your tag. I also love how you have gone beyond the 'template' and really made it your own. I understand completely the hesitance to apply splatters :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your die layer, so pretty with the color peeking through and that flower! Oh my how beautiful is it layered on this amazing tag. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning tag! Colors and design are super.
    Mar :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where have I been all this time - never seen your blog before but i will be sure to return. Your work is awesome, and that is an understatement. This tag s so lovely, I can see the inspiration, but the interpretation is all you.

    ReplyDelete