February 18, 2017

Sweet Love


I used an image transfer on a page from the Memoranda paper stash (Tim Holtz), a torn strip of vintage book paper (that included the margin), polka dot scrapbook paper and some paper trimmings to complete this tag (including text from Idea-ology Clipping Stickers).

To keep the background from showing through the transfer, I used white paint behind it (like I did here). A little Tumbled Glass distress stain along with a charcoal pencil and distress markers added more definition to the image.

I'm linking up with Simon's Monday challenge blog--the theme this week is "Use Your Favorite Tool."

I gave this some real consideration while working on my tag, reflecting about each tool as I used it. There are many gadgets I just couldn't do without (like my tweezers, water brush, or glue stick) but in the end, my favorite is:
(drum roll, please)

the X-acto Knife! My scissors are dusty--I always reach for my knife to make straight cuts and most particularly, for fussy-cutting (a favorite past-time). The flowers on this tag are an example of that.

▬ ♦ ▬ ♦ ▬ ♦ ▬ ♦ ▬ ♦ ▬

My schedule for crafting has been really limited lately and I've haven't posted as often as I usually do. But I want to extend a welcome to the new followers I received by way of Tim's post on the Creativation show this year and also thank those of you who've been with me for awhile.

I'll be back as soon as I can, I've got some new ideas up my sleeve and can't wait to get them down on paper and share them with you!

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful tag I love it, you've chose a beautiful image to transfer. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful tag this is!!! <3 Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I absolutely love this tag! It is so beautiful and now my new favorite of your's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was SooOOoO excited to not only see this tag up close, but also to see what talented YOU listed as your favorite tool! And once you named it, I can totally see why. I adore the way you cut and combine to build new scenes and create new stories. Excellent! I also love to learn about the clever techniques you employ. Kudos to the lines of text you added, which really spoke to my lit-lover side. This is another praise-worthy creation and I'm so glad you continue to share your skills with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This tag is enchanting. I LOVE every detail!!!

    Thank you so much for your lovely comment you left on my blog!

    Gaby xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sa-weet! Love that transferred image and the way you have cut out those tiny flowers from the paper stash! Hmmm...I would never think that an x-acto knife would be a favorite tool--too many bad memories of dull blades in science labs!

    Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog and for your sweet comment. Of course you may use the technique I used for metal flowers! That's what we're all here for! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Beulah! You inspire me and I always look forward to seeing your latest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has to be placed int he top 5 of tags created by miss bee. So very lovely in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bee, oh my word, this is absolutely gorgeous. I love the pretty delicate colour scheme and the verse. I am in absolute awe of your ability to fussy cut with a knife! I can not fussy cut at all, in fact I struggle to cut a straight line with a guillotine!
    absolute gorgeousness.
    Hope all is well with you.
    love from
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete