April 23, 2017

Delicious Food


"Candy is delicious food." That's what it says right on the wrapper and so it must be true. And this candy bar is also "rich in dextrose, the sugar your body uses directly for energy." Who doesn't need some of that!?

This old wrapper (circa 1940) was pasted to a tag. I added some stitching, ink and Remnant Rubs along with an image stamped on paper then cut out (Tim Holtz Sideshow).

My dad found it (probably under an old house--he was a plumber by trade) and kept it tucked away in an envelope which I came across recently. He liked old stuff too (especially bottles) and must have felt this wrapper was worth keeping.

It was quite crumbly but I managed to reassemble it and maybe it will last another 70 years.

7 comments:

  1. How cool is this! Wonderful way to preserve the old candy wrapper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this - it brings back to trips to the circus and the delicious treats we were allowed to have (just on that day, though!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this - the red color, the vintage look, the rubs...another beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely agree with Paula, redi is outstanding in this tag! Tim's stamp is perfect and I love to read your story! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SOOOOO fabulous!!!! I absolutely, positively LOVE how you mused the old with the new, here! Over-the-top COOLNESS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's wonderful I love you mixed something old with something new, it's a great way to preserve something so special like that, great job. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete