/* */ Beulah Bee: Sent On This Day

February 14, 2021

Sent On This Day

Valentine Card

Happy Valentine's Day! I hope everyone gets a giant box of chocolates, a big bouquet of flowers plus a big fat hug from someone you love.

I'm sharing a card made for the occasion (and my dear friend, Thelma) that started with a prompt from Simon's Monday challenge to use a "resist technique."

A heart stencil was clear embossed over a scrap of Paper Stash and covered with off-white paint that was wiped off the raised embossing before it dried. Then I ironed-off the embossing (here's a link to the technique) which gives it a mottled appearance I rather like.

I cut the heart out and pasted it on more Paper Stash, added a stamped strip of polka dots, a Paper Doll figure, book text, and fussy-cut butterflies.

I admit an obsession with 3D paint dots and used them to embellish the borders. I may need to seek treatment for this disorder ☺.

As always, I hope this post finds you well and happy and I appreciate your visit.

Until next time, take care.