/* */ Beulah Bee: True Love

February 07, 2021

True Love

Greeting Card

A week away from Valentine's Day and a milestone wedding anniversary for yours truly, doesn't mean big preparations are underway at my house (just having each other is more than enough) but it does signal the sharing of a card made for the occasion.

This one embraces a mixed media feel starting with a book page tinted with Distress ink and white-washed a bit. The heart was cut from a business envelope and I originally planned to use the other side. But after tinting, I liked the back better and made the printing part of the design (even though it's slightly askew).

I stamped the words "Special Delivery" (Tim Holtz Correspondence) and "True Love" is an older Remnant Rub.

The flowers and postage stamp were fussy-cut from Authentique scrapbook paper after using a bit of water and my fingers to rub off the backside to make the paper thinner (easier to cut and pastes down nice and flat). I always encase delicate pieces like this with clear medium to protect them for handling.

Greeting Card


I darkened the border with more Distress and drew lines with a fine-tip marker. I was lucky to have a piece of paper that matched my heart to frame it with. It's "dollar-store" variety children's construction paper, it's super thin (which for me is an asset) and I use this stuff all the time--it's perfect for collage.

Finally, it was mounted on black card stock and I'll insert a lighter page on the inside for personalizing.

I'm linking to Simon's Monday challenge this week, the theme is Love and/or Hearts.

As always, I hope this post finds you well and happy and I appreciate your visit.

Until next time, take care.