/* */ Beulah Bee: Mr. Hegemony

March 11, 2021

Mr. Hegemony

  Manila Tag

Here's a tag with a background made from paper that came free inside a Somerset Studio magazine. I printed then hand-cut this vintage image, pasted it to the background and applied subtle shading with a water-soluble pencil. The newspaper text, Green Eggs Be Damned!, was added via an image transfer technique.

As a child, Dr. Seuss was the first author I became of aware of and I dearly loved his books and read them over and over again. I don't know what country I live in anymore where certain books are now banned. Isn't this what Hitler did? God help us.

I am grateful I can use my art to express my feelings and I'm linking this post to Simon's Monday challenge, this week's challenge is to use something green.

As always, I hope this post finds you well and happy and I appreciate your visit.

Until next time, take care.