/* */ Beulah Bee: Just Because

July 21, 2021

Just Because

Greeting Card

This greeting card features the Mondo Succulent Pot stamp by Ellen Hutson. Back in January, I posted a similar card using this stamp with watercolors (link) and say again how much fun it is to color.

Large stamps make quick work of card making but this time I used a less conventional technique so it took longer. Here's what I did.

The background? It's a print off a Gelli Plate using Simon's Tiny Dots stencil. I "zhuzhed" it up a bit with Distress inks, water and some sanding.

My stamp impression wasn't that great (some lines were too light) so I went over all of them using India ink and a pen nib. It was a good save. ☺

I filled it in with diluted white paint to knock-back the background then used watercolor pencils, inks and regular colored pencils.

I mounted it on dark mulberry cardstock and trimmed it with Liquid Pearls. The text was embossed.

As always, I hope this post finds you well and happy and I appreciate your visit.

Until next time, take care.