/* */ Beulah Bee: Bird Post

July 23, 2022

Bird Post

 

I inherited my great Aunt Esther's collection of post cards and I used a pair of them to create a bit of mail art with some Stampendous birds.

One bird was stamped on plain tissue paper, the other on a vintage book page, and both were cut-out and pasted on the cards. I did this mainly because I could play around with the placement and avoid a mis-stamp that can't be undone. The pine trees and leafy dots were also done this way.

There's a bit of collage paper and miscellaneous stamping to fill things in and I tinted with colored pencils and ink markers.

I was inspired to make these by Simon's challenge this week, "Let's Go On Vacation!"

Both cards were mailed by Esther's sister while traveling through St. Louis (on vacation) and of course, birds are great travelers, too. 

Fun to see Ada was excited to report she procured a hotel room with a bath for $1.50.

My, how times have changed....

As always, I hope this post finds you well and happy and I appreciate your visit.

Until next time, take care.