/* */ Beulah Bee: No. 5 for Christmas, 2022

December 05, 2022

No. 5 for Christmas, 2022

I inherited multiple copies of professional portrait photographs of my great aunts and their relatives/friends (circa 1900-1940) mounted inside thick, tri-fold paper folders. Since I don't need to save, for example, ten copies of a graduation portrait of the same person, I recycle the folders to use in my artwork. That's what makes up the foundations for this tag.

It features a die-cut pattern of poinsettias (Tim Holtz) that were filled-in with Stickles along with a Christmas Collage Paper covering. I used a laser-printed vintage photo mounted inside an old Idea-ology sticker frame antiqued with paint and Liquid Pearls. The numerals were cut from scrapbook paper and covered with Stickles.

I'll share a tip for anyone who doesn't like the unavoidable shedding of glitter--just cover it with a layer of clear medium to seal it. And if you use a matt finish it creates a more subtle, vintage appearance.

I'm linking this one up to Simon's Monday challenge, this week's theme is Holiday Cheer.

As always, I hope this post finds you well and happy and I appreciate your visit.

Until next time, take care.