/* */ Beulah Bee: Kansas

February 13, 2023

Kansas

Most times, my inspiration for tag-making starts with a vintage photo that speaks to me somehow. I'm never sure where I'll end up but usually that voice gives me an idea on how to proceed. This one said, "Dorothy, you're not in Kansas anymore."

It began as a vintage postcard that I trimmed and pasted to give it the standard tag dimensions. Then I applied an image transfer of the photo (technique here) and used thin washes of acrylic paint for color.

I knocked-back a portion of the postmark where it covered the dress with transparent white, used glitter on the corsage and shoes and added the appropriate text cut from a book page.

Most tags look better with a border, this one is washi-tape. Since it was too wide, I taped it to my cutting mat, used an X-Acto knife to cut smaller strips and (as is always the case) it was still sticky enough to be reapplied to the tag.

I'm linking up to Simon's Monday challenge, "Frame It."

As always, I hope this post finds you well and happy and I appreciate your visit.

Until next time, take care.