February 25, 2014

Houses are for People

Paste medium and a stencil were used to create this tag but it fought me every inch of the way!

The stencil was hand-made and the paste emphasized the space between the bars and gave it a funny dimension.

So I scraped off most of the paste and re-inked the bars by hand.

Thank goodness I coated both sides of the tag with gesso before I started, otherwise, it would never have held up to the abuse.

I plan to make another bird cage stencil (this one's worse for the wear) and I'll post the steps I take so you can see my approach.

I'm linking this tag to the Monday blog challenge at Simon Says Stamp where the theme is Paste. The background is Idea-ology tissue paper and the birds were made with a stamp from Stamping Bella.

2 comments:

  1. This is fantastic and well-worth the fight (in my opinion)! I had to smile as I read about your creative process, though. I have scraped off my share of paste, too, believe me, only with far less successful results than what you achieved. I really love the color palette and the blueprint vibe it has. Yet it is also totally unique. Excellent piece and I'm so glad that you didn't let it beat you! Thanks for sharing your amazing talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out wonderfully!! The cage looks great and so textured. Love the background and the great colours. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete