It's my first time working with a stamp set (Tim Holtz Flower Jar) that has matching dies and I cut the images out of tissue paper so I could layer the arrangement without adding bulk.
The background is a page from the Tim Holtz Etcetera paper stash.
I used sepia archival ink on the flowers but in hindsight, I probably should have used black.
I tinted the flowers with dilute acrylic paint so it would be waterproof during the pasting process.
I like the scale of this set (it's tiny) but that does make it more tedious to use. And there are also some design challenges like a solution for the flower stems that appear inside the jar.
I penciled-in the lower stems but they would have looked better with more defined edges (less blurry). I'll work on my technique for the next time!
I think it would be very hard to arrange the flowers just by stamping so it's good that the coordinating die-cut set is available.
But I plan to give it a try--a clean white background with a delicate stamping would be nice on a greeting card. (I'll keep you posted.)
I'm linking to Simon's Monday challenge, this week's theme is Play with Paint.