June 11, 2014

Soap Box Queen

Today, I'm sharing the result of a tag made for the Monday blog challenge at Simon Says Stamp where this week's theme is paint.

It all began by dripping transparent acrylic paints from one end to the other with the help of a water mister.

Then I wandered through images on the net until I found one that spoke to me and transferred it using polymer medium (see tutorial here).

I drew the platform and crown with fine tip markers and used acrylic paint on her dress and the shadow.

The bubbles (also paint) were made with the Falling Snow stencil by SSS and emphasized by outlining with a marker.

6 comments:

  1. Love this!! The bubbles are so very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always...this is just wonderful and showcases some fabulous techniques. Thank you for sharing your project and for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a marvellous tag - the background paint effects are just gorgeous, and the central image is just wonderful.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a stunner! I always have to sit and look at your artwork for a while to soak it all in. It automatically catches my eye every time, but it's a joy to look at it piece by piece and in detail, too. I adore how this scene turned out and loved how you incorporated your own drawing into it with the crown and platform. The background is so dreamy with that yummy color palette and the image you chose is truly striking. I also really liked your use of the snow stencil and thought it was brilliant how you outlined the bubbles. Great use of paint for shadowing, too. Your pieces are always so full of life and never cease to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag!:) Congratulations on being selected over at SSS! Well done! Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete