March 28, 2015

Prototype


This week's Monday blog challenge at SSS is to use a stamp multiple ways on the same project or use the same stamp in different colors or ways on multiple projects.

So I read through Michelle's creative stamping tutorial, then chose a stamp to experiment with that's always been hard to use--it's large, not very deeply etched and yes, a bit unusual. I was hoping this exercise might shed some light on how to get more out of it.

As she suggested, I just starting making impressions on all kinds of scrap papers. Then I got an idea to cut various parts out of the image from the many stampings and collage them back together puzzle-style.


Click to Enlarge
I ended up making a tag which was embellished with a little paint and ink.

If time permits, I like to try another one and will tell you that I like this stamp a whole lot more than I used to.

This was a great exercise and I always appreciate the inspiration I get from the weekly challenges.

Stamp credit: Paper Artsy

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic project. Your design is balanced and very pleasing to the eye. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, you've created a wonderful piece of artwork, that is so unique and so clever in it's concept! Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful tag and for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowww, das ist sehr schön.....beautiful. Gefällt mir sehr.
    LG Carola

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I was just waiting and hoping that you'd give this challenge a try! You've so clever that I always love to see your take on our challenges and this one does not disappoint. Isn't Michelle fabulous? I'm so glad you were able to try one of her suggestions and I really like the results. You pieced your girl together beautifully and added a lot of visual depth and interest beyond just the stamped image. You take things to another level of artistry and I love what you did with this piece!

    ReplyDelete