August 08, 2015

B Original


Tim's tag for August features a die-cut mixed media background.

I attempted to mimic the effect by using his Subway stamp over a scrap from the Destinations paper stash.

I also used his vellum Ephemera--the square in the upper-right corner and the checkered board behind the photo (which is a Found Relative that I cropped and altered just a bit).

Click to Enlarge

Remnant Rubs provided the black text (except the "B") and the Mirrored Star was distressed with a copper and citris alcohol ink combo.

The oval frame is a thin textured metal scrap that I tacked to the tag with hand-stitching.


A bit of machine stitching, some stamping here and there for texture (tiny black squares and splotches) and black ink to distress the tag edges finished it off.

10 comments:

  1. Dear miss bee. I love today's tag. Layering at it's best. I appreciate you adding that last picture to show the dimension...I've often thought I would love to see your tags photographed this way so I could "see" them more in depth. So thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every your creation is perfect, It inspires an emotional reaction: simply bellissimo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful your Tag,such a nice Vintage Style. I love it much. Great composition.
    Dear greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. Bee I love your take on Tim`s tag....wonderful collaged tag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on Tim's tag!! I love the dimension and the effect you achieved with the vellum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tag Miss Bee. Great vintage feel, wonderful background and love the gentlemen. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool. Love the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. More great improvisation to create a really individual take on the August tag - it's so lovely to have a bit of time to catch up with your outstanding work.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete