May 16, 2014

Monopoly


I couldn't let the letter M challenge at SSS go by without one more entry since I've had more time to play this week and found this theme easy to work with.

For Christmas, I received a collection of miniature stamps by Tim Holtz and they remind me of the place markers from a Monopoly game.

So I found a great image of the patent application submitted by Charles Darrow in 1935 and added a few new place markers to his design.

I give much credit to Stampers Anonymous for these tiny stamps as they have an incredible amount of detail. So, how about this for a title?

Modified Miniature Monopoly Markers by an M Maniac

(I think I better take a break...)

5 comments:

  1. Ha, ha! I am loving your enthusiasm for the M theme and how often you can incorporate marvelous methods into these pieces! I really love the concept you used for the mini stamps on this. I would've never thought of a game board theme, but you pulled it off beautifully! And of course, I'm always so anxious to see how you incorporate historical images, diagrams, etc. You are such an appreciator of the past as well as an innovator in the art world! Kudos to this tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. this is such a fun and awesome tag! Love those great images and nice layout. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! This monopoly image is lovely as well as what you've made out of it!
    hugs serafeena

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore this tag. You have such a great eye for combining stamped images. Great coloring!! Fantastic! -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete