July 24, 2014

Sweet Summer Dreams


When you live in the desert as I do, Summer ain't so sweet. Dreaming becomes essential to survival and, prompted by this week's Monday blog challenge at Simon Says Stamp, I've created this tag.

Working on it was good medicine. My disposition improved and I'm sending a shout-out to the design team for the mid-summer dream theme, it was a great suggestion!


I used a variety of ink colors to stamp the leaves, some were outlined with a fine-tip marker, the background tints were made with colored pencils, and the sleeping kitty is from Stampendous.

6 comments:

  1. I think this tag is really beautiful, love love it, it remindes me of a Chagall picture! Bravissima!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a refreshing tag! I really love how the background colors blended together so beautifully-- in fact, I'm quite impressed that you got such a smooth look using colored pencils! Well done! I also thought the dot technique with the fine-tip marker was brilliant and liked how you wrote words in the stem. The cat is adorable and it looks like he found just the perfect garden spot to take refuge from the heat. The tag made me smile and feel cozy. It made me think of the positive aspects of summer rather than the scorching temperatures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful...loved your soothing color pallete!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tag, the kitty looks so sweet. I've never lived in the desert, so I can only imagine how tough the summers are. waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tag! The kitten looks so peaceful and sweet. Lovely leaves and flowers. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always a pleasure to see your work. The details are not only wonderful, but inspiring as well. I love the tiny words written in the stems. Brilliant! Very pretty piece! Thank you for sharing your tag with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete