May 11, 2015

Destination


Inspiration can come from anywhere and, sometimes, it's only after I make something that I realize what the probable source of my creativity was.

This tag is most likely the result of my recent binge-watching of an HBO series which aired some years ago and focuses on human mortality and the lives of those who deal with it on a daily basis.



I used gesso with Tim's Scribbles stencil to create a background that was tinted with Distress inks.

My muse picked the three images: a gravestone, banner and woman, which I printed in smaller scale then cut-out and collaged.

Some tissue paper and scrapbook paper bits were added for balance and the tag edges were roughed-up and inked.

The TV series features a lot of dream sequences which must explain why I chose to use this particular sentiment from Tim's Remant Rubs.




I'll close this post by sharing a link to this Ted Talk on inspiration and creativity from Elizabeth Gilbert which I discovered via Seth Apter's blog, The Altered Page.

It seems appropriate to share it with this tag and I believe you may enjoy it and find it as useful as I did.

4 comments:

  1. Wowwww, das ist ja fantastisch! Gefällt mir sehr.
    LG Carola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing tag! Love the stencil background and various images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tags are so eyecatching and very detailed! Treasures for sure!! ♥ Conny
    Piaroms Art Journaling

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful miss bee. just plain wonderful. love the mix of scales it throws me off and yet makes me very happy!

    ReplyDelete