May 20, 2015

XYZ


When I was a kid, I remember my parents used to say XYZ when I'd walk into the room during a conversation not suitable for young ears. And then there was that other reason for saying XYZ during a particular state of undress. Needless to say, this caused a bit of confusion on my part whenever I heard this expression. Anyway ...

I've created this tag for Simon's Monday blog challenge using paper from Kaisercraft called Basecoat and Idea-ology's Destination Paper Stash.

I cut-out the stencil areas and placed a stamped and tinted piece of tissue paper behind them.

A white Sakura gelly roll pen was used to make the dots.

This child reminded me of a Teletubbie and I was tempted to paste a square over his/her belly. ☺

The challenge was a lot of fun, I don't think I'd ever make something like this otherwise and what a great excuse for just being silly!

10 comments:

  1. What a great post and a fabulous project! I had to laugh at your XYZ experiences and I was totally taken back in time when you mentioned the Teletubbies! I was living in London at the height of their popularity and I remember seeing them on TV and wondering what in the heck their deal was. I would just stare and shake my head, totally not getting the fascination there. But maybe that's the point: I was sort of hypnotized by their weirdness and maybe children were, too. But I digress. Your tag is really unique and I love how the woodgrain looks as a backdrop for the cute children. Reminds me of wooden alphabet blocks and those white dots make fabulous borders. Thanks for the great eye candy and for the stroll down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it miss bee! your creativity never ceases to amaze me. Love the "stacked" children and those dots...you always get me with the dots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tag! Love the sketch and the reasons you described there are behind it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful tag! My kids has loved so much Teletubbies and I saw them for a long time ! You make me smile! And I need so much of smiles in this moment of my life... Thank you for this! i love your art! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sooo love your tag! All those very yum texture and those gorgeous colors, not to speak your sweet guys that are sharing this wonderful place!! Thank you so very much for your sweet comment on my post, I am blushing a bit here ;) If you have any questions about my classes, feel free to ask about ♥ Conny
    Piaroms Art Journaling

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always, your tag is just such a beautiful piece of art ~ you really are so very creative and talented and thank you for sharing such a wonderful blog post! I can't look at that image now without singing the Teletubbies theme tune! ;)

    Thank you so much for playing along over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a very cool project. Love the vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a beautiful tag!! Love the blocked design and those gorgeous vintage images. Great idea for the challenge!! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very clever tag! Love the story with it!

    ReplyDelete