March 13, 2016

Dreamer



This tag began as a happy accident. I received a new stencil (Tim's Blossom) and it was tossed on my tabletop. Later, I noticed that an unused cut-out of this lady had landed on top. Somehow, they seemed to go together and so I ran with it.

I used paint to stamp tiny text over a tinted background then applied blue, grays and greens through the stencil. The lady was put into place and I stamped then overpainted a few birds (Tim's Birds on a Wire). A few of his Big Chit-Chat stickers seemed right to explain the scene.

I'm linking up to Simon's Make Your Own Background challenge.

7 comments:

  1. Trying not to gasp! Trying not to gasp!! I know- but I just get so ridiculously giddy and obnoxious when I see beautiful art paired with literature!!! My nerdy English major side is on overload and I adore this tag! Once again, you tell a story here that my heart responds to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tag! Every time i see your work I'm in awe, your an Artist! I love you way to tell stories with the images and colors! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popped over because you'd left a nice comment... And I am being rewarded! What I see in this piece is a birder with a field guide, trying to identify species! Felix culpa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An other philosophical work here: you can't know if the woman is dreaming or her life looks like a dream! You are a deep artist and I can read lot of things behind this tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your fabulous creation! The background is awesome. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfection,Bee!! LOVE how you've combined a lovely image with this wonderful stencil, and oh, that background - love it!! xxx Lynn

    ReplyDelete