March 07, 2016

Simplicity


Tim's March tag inspired me to "remix" a layer of cardboard along with texture paste and paint splatters.


I used a stencil called Mini-Tatting by Rebekah Meier (TCW), Tim's Chit-Chat stickers and his new Ledger Script stamp (buried underneath the layers), along with some butterflies cut from Graphic 45 paper (Botanicabella).

Since the butterfly antennae are impossible to cut because they're so tiny I clipped a few strands from a black paintbrush and pasted them on instead.

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Very clever to use paintbrush "hair." I usually draw them on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh wow, this is so pretty! Love your take, it makes me think a bit of a bee hive, love that! The butterflies are stunning! Amazing! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right, Sandra! Crazy that I didn't even connect the color of the texture paste and its appearance to honeycomb. If I had, I would have used bumblebees instead of butterflies.

    This is a perfect example of how useful comments can be when blogging about our craft and I really appreciate your input!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! I adore your texture - and the gathering of butterflies... and love also recognizing that your bees could have gathered here as well, from previous comments! So inspirational in the make and the comments! xxx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, there is beauty in simplicity, I agree but in your works there is always beauty! This tag is simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Love Love your take on this month's tag! It's utterly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! Love the techniques you used. Thanks for sharing it. Will have to remember that tip for making butterfly antennae. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete