May 28, 2016

A Dream


I can't imagine anyone who doesn't know this sweet tune from the Disney movie, Cinderella. I used it for my sentiment since Tim's new stamp (Sideshow) is dream-like and I imagine the balloon to be a wish.

I stumbled with the stamping and had to start over a few times due to trouble masking out portions of it to accommodate the doorway. I ended up using clear, repositionable contact paper and included this photo so you could see what it looked like (with white lines added to show the cut-out).


Once that hurdle was over, the rest was pretty easy thanks to colored pencils (doorway) and Distress inks. I used a white Gelly Roll Souffle pen (which acts like a resist), brightened the tag border with Picket Fence Distress stain and made some of the blacks a bit darker with pencils and an ink pen.

I have to share the unique stamp set I used for my sentiment which was found a few years ago at a rummage sale. "Back in the day" (love this expression), phone company linemen used them to label trunks (phone lines) on terminals where the lines entered a building. The rubber is still good, I like the size of the letters, and the long, thin handles make them easy to space.


14 comments:

  1. A super tag, Beulah! Ingenious use of this great stamp.
    Mar :)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful tag! Thank you so much for sharing with su at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genius!!! You are so creative, your use of stamps is stunning, always stunning!!! Love! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi B, This is an absolutely beautiful tag. You are a genius designer - what a fabulous idea to mask off part of the stamp to create that wonderful bright doorway. The little pink heart on the balloon is a perfect touch and I love your letter stamp set!
    Hope all is well, have a super Sunday
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! You have showcased the stamp impeccably. Totally love this . x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your art is always so thoughtful and this is no exception. The idea of the doorway is so clever and your tag is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thumbs up inn the whole package of this tag: I agree that the sentiment matches the stamp, and the nice moody colors give it a sincere feeling. And your sweet stamp set is such an awesome stash item! Score!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome tag! Love how the light shines in. Love that stamp set, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your TAG ist beautiful. Awesome!
    Greets Carola

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh! I am utterly jealous of your retro-cool stamp set! But at least I know that it will be well-used in one of the most talented pairs of hands I know!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely clever idea to mask half the stamp. How did you ever think of that? Love the sentiment and the doorway...just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Many a days I have been compelled to do some alphabet stamping, yesterday in fact! What a great addition to your already fantastic tag design! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the doorway, and the way you achieved it! A great tag, and awesome lineman stamp find!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fantastic!! I LOVE the doorway, what a super clever idea. And those stamps were a great find! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete