July 02, 2016

Condo


I've had trouble creating lately. I've shown up for the work but the results just weren't satisfactory. Hopefully, I've learned from my mistakes and the worst is over. It really has thrown me for a loop and even the purchase of a few new supplies didn't help!

So a thank-you is due to Maura Hibbits, who developed a tic-tac-toe board for this week's Monday challenge blog at Simon Says Stamp. Her clever idea allowed me to finally complete something and I opted to go all-in, using every element.


My tag is a layer of washi tape, corrugated cardboard stenciled with paste, birds stamped on fabric, sprayed and stained with blue and green distress inks and a light wash of gesso, some sequins, gold threaded ribbon and gel pen doodled dots.

I imagine it looks like an abstract bird condominium, hence the title of my blog post.

7 comments:

  1. As always, a wonderful, imaginative piece of art and I love that you used all the elements of the challenge theme! Beautiful work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to dive in and use the entire board! This is beautiful, I certainly cannot see the artist block with you creating this wonderful tag. It is a joy to behold! Hang in there! When I face such block, I start making embellishments or elements that will one day be used, like backgrounds. No pressure to create a finished product, just play. Hope that helps! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic tag! I love that you incorporated each element onto the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is flippin' fabulous! You know I'm a fan of your work, but this piece has to rank among my all-time favorites! You incorporated fabric brilliantly and I love me a bird theme! I also really liked the detail and texture of the dots on the cardboard. What an absolutely genius use of the entire bingo board! You've nailed this times a million billion. I'm so glad that you keep supporting our Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenges and I always look forward to your entries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your tag is wonderful you've made a great job, very very original. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This tag is amazing! Love the colors and all the fabulous texture! It's amazing! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your ability to use and mix different materials and textures is totally amaaaazing! I'm in love with this tag, these are my favourite colors! Barbara

    ReplyDelete