/* */ Beulah Bee: Divertimento

August 21, 2021

Divertimento

Divertimento is a musical genre with most examples from the 18th century. The mood is lighthearted and generally composed for a small ensemble. It was the style of music I listened to (Mozart) while crafting this tag (hence the name of my post) and it seems to suit this fashionable lady.

The style of her "leg of mutton" sleeves dates from the 1840's and some were so large it was necessary to turn sideways to get through a door. If you'd like to see more examples, here's a link.


The background for the tag was made from an ivory sheet of mulberry paper that was dry embossed (Roses) and tinted with inks and paint. The fence and flowers are die-cuts (Gothic Gate and Flower Jar).

I cut the flowers from multi-color paper (Lavinia Garden Dance) and stamped them with gray archival ink. The lady's flowers and dress were tinted with Pitt brush pens.

I'm linking up to Simon this week, dry emboss is the challenge.

And as always, I hope this post finds you well and happy and I appreciate your visit.

Until next time, take care.